McAfee Stinger 64-bit is a standalone energy made use of to detect and get rid of certain viruses. It is not a substitute for complete anti-virus security, yet a specialized tool to aid administrators as well as customers when managing a contaminated system. Details on brand-new or enhanced trademarks added with each Stinger build are noted in the Readme details.
McAfee Stinger utilizes next-generation check technology, consisting of rootkit scanning, as well as check performance optimizations. It detects and removes threats identified under the “” Risk Listing”” option under Advanced menu alternatives in the Stinger application.
Stinger is a standalone energy produced by McAfee to find and also remove details viruses. It is not a substitute for complete anti-viruses protection. Instead, it is a device that assists you cleanse an infected computer of details recognized threats.
Stinger utilizes a McAfee modern technology called Global Hazard Intelligence (GTI) to identify harmful web sites. GTI continuously keeps an eye on sites around the world for destructive web content.
When you download and install Stinger, you can make it possible for GTI in the following way:
follow the link mcafee stinger downloads At our site
- Click Preferences.
- Select the favored GTI sensitivity level.
KEEP IN MIND: If you select High or Extremely High, McAfee Labs recommends that you establish the On virus detection activity to Report only for the first scan. Setting this choice makes sure that valid data are not accidentally gotten rid of.
To download and install and run the Stinger, follow these steps:
- To begin, most likely to the Stinger download page.
- Click the vibrant Download and install Stinger link. This downloads one of the most typically used variation:
- Do not choose the ePO versions of Stinger. These are for use in business environments.
- If you have a 64-bit version of Windows, click Download and install Stinger for x64 systems.
- Click Download Currently.
- Save Stinger to a convenient location, such as your desktop.
- Right-click the Stinger application that you just downloaded and install.
- Select Run as Administrator.
- If you see a Windows security warning:
- Click Yes, Continue, or Run.
- Accept the End User Permit Agreement (EULA).
- Click Tailor my check to add extra drives or directories (just the C: drive is checked by default).
- Click Scan. Stinger repair work all infected documents found.
VITAL: If Stinger repairs any type of infected documents, expand the area below for important info.